PDA

View Full Version : Least Tern

Gavin Spooner
06-15-2008, 09:42 PM
After not visiting this site for a while, I had seen Maxis' posts of the Least Tern Chicks. I had a few spare hours tonight and was inspired so went out to the location on Lovers Key State Park, and ran into Maxis and Marina shooting the Least Terns. I'm sure they got some great shots of a mom on the next with a newly hatched chick and another egg.

Alas I stayed focussed on the aerial display of these little terns. I liked the rich blue of the sky in this overhead shot.

D2H, 300mm f4 afs, 1/1000s, f6.3, full frame
http://www.pbase.com/wembley/image/98749307/original.jpg

Steve Canuel
06-16-2008, 01:06 AM
I like the color of the sky and fanned-out tail. I also like the unsymmetrical wing spread (personally would've liked the head turned the other way though). I'm seeing quite a few dust spots in the sky as well.
Steve

Axel Hildebrandt
06-16-2008, 05:29 AM
Nice flyover pose, fanned tail and details. It looks a bit underexposed and I also find the sky too dark and agree regarding the dust spots. Thanks for sharing!

john crookes
06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I like the way the tern is flying and this image is a perfect one for the powers of vivezaand some noise reduction maybe but viveza does this with two clicks

carole wiley
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow, 2 clicks. I really like the lighter repost. The fanned tail is over the top. The one bright spot in the right wing could go.

Gavin Spooner
06-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the comments.

I like the edit. I may need to move on up to Capture NX for the control point technology.

cheers
wembley

Maxis Gamez
06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
HI Gavin,

Lovely capture, re-post works for me.

It was nice meeting you.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Marina Scarr
06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Gavin: It was great to see you and your son again out in the field, and glad to see you're posting again. The picture you posted is very nice. I do think the repost better depicts that gorgeous blue sky I was seeing through my viewfinder as I was attempting to keep these quick little birds in my viewfinder. Glad you had such success and hope to see you again soon. Marina