PDA

View Full Version : Snipe.

keith mitchell
12-16-2016, 06:22 AM
Nikon D4
Nikon 300mm 2.8
1/500@f7.1
iso 250

Thanks for taking a look and your comments on my last post much appreciated.

Stu Bowie
12-16-2016, 06:54 AM
Hi Keith, great look back pose, and having said that, you have achieved good DOF on the Snipe. I would try and 'straighten' the perch to look more vertical, and maybe smoothen out the BG a touch.

Jonathan Ashton
12-16-2016, 06:58 AM
Keith this is a cracker, super pose and background colours. There appears to be some posterisation in the background (especially same level as the bill on RHS).
I like the perch but I think I would burn the highlights a little bit, especially on the left side There is also a tiny bit of wire showing bottom left corner I think I would remove it.

gail bisson
12-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Hi Keith,
The snipe looks terrific. Excellent DOF with tack sharp coverage from tip of bill to tail.
Love the IQ in the feathers and that nice clean eye.
I am not sure about this composition. I think you should make this a true square crop or add more room on the right and left.
Issues about posterization in BG addressed already.
I see a bit of ? fence in LLC and I would clone that out.
Lovely image,
Gail
I like the eye level view and the lichens on the post

Bill Dix
12-16-2016, 09:01 AM
A great look-back pose with good sharpness. Very handsome BG (that could use a touch more NR), and handsome perch that could use some toning down of the highlights. I'm OK with the comp even though the ratio is a bit unusual. Wire and posterization noted.

Satish Ranadive
12-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Excellent image. Very nice lookback pose, beautiful colors and details.

Regards,
Satish.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Steve Kaluski
12-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Hi Keith, this works well, nice framing, but I would loose the wire. The pose really illustrates well that enormous bill!!!

TFS
Steve

keith mitchell
12-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks to every one for the tips and suggestions and kind words.Steve lazy of me with that bit of wire you did tell me how to remove it but I missed that bit.

Mike Poole
12-16-2016, 04:41 PM
I really need to find me one of these Snipe locations - I love these shots!

Top notch look back pose, minor nits already mentioned, but all in all a fine shot.

Mike

keith mitchell
12-18-2016, 03:52 AM
Thanks Mike much appreciated.

Stuart Philpott
12-18-2016, 10:11 AM
Hey buddy ,a corker Keith and wow you were close to a little guy that can be quite jumpy, all credit Keith. Love the lichen rich post mate wouldn't straighten it as the bird looks right for me. Steve words on the bill ring very true for me cracking work Keith had to comment I love this one !!

take care buddy hope you and yours are well
merry chrimbo mate

Stu

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Great shot.. Killer look and the beautiful Beak. I like that way you capture the image with the bird looking at the camera even though it is facing away..

Thank you for sharing the image.

Jim Crosswell
12-19-2016, 10:54 AM
I like the look back pose, clean BG, lichen covered perch and composition. I would clone out the wire in LLC and BG NR mentioned. Would love to have it in my files. Well done Keith.

Chris Elliott
12-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Keith,

Really nice image. I can't seem to get this close to the Wilson Snipe we have here. Well noted on the wire and perch highlights, but I don't see the need for rotation as the Snipe seems to be standing in a position that compensates for the tilted post.

Chris

keith mitchell
12-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks to you all for the very constructive comments on my image,much appreciated.

Keith.