PDA

View Full Version : Leopard with Kill

Bryan Pereira
12-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Not the greatest shot technically and one where I think my 200-400 f4 would have given me more options (faster shutter with the same iso would have been better). I would normally not show this image but its a rare capture and sometimes its more about the moment.

Nikon D810 200-500 at 480 400 iso f6.3 1/400
Leopard in deep shade under a tree, captured from a side window viewpoint, handheld

Rachel Hollander
12-16-2016, 06:09 AM
Hi Bryan - Nice behavioral image and I like the off-center placement of the leopard. Overall the image feels a little underexposed and some of the blacks are choked. If it were mine I would also open up the midtones a bit and remove the blue from the blacks on the kill. Also its not in sRGB so there may be a color shift depending on browser. It's best to convert to sRGB for posting.

Don't forget to give your thoughts on other images.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
12-16-2016, 07:43 AM
Hi Bryan -- Agree that a special moment is worth sharing and even better that you shared with us . I completely agree with what Rachel has to say . Great going and TFS !

Basil Dardagan
12-16-2016, 07:44 AM
What a sighting !!!! I agree that the image can be lightened a bit

Steve Kaluski
12-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Sadly both the Techs & Processing lets this image down which is a real killer, it just looks soft and it certainly needs more space, as you say Bryan. As Rachel mention and I think I did prior, without the correct embedded Colour Profile (sRGB) the image will not be displayed to it's best.

I agree that the image can be lightened a bit

Without seeing the RAW Basil, it's hard to say in which direction it needs to start, but if the original isn't sharp, then time to move on.

TFS
Steve

Mike Poole
12-16-2016, 04:49 PM
I agree with your self-critique here Bryan - a faster SS was definitely needed. It's a real shame, as like you say it's a great sighting.

Mike

Marc Mol
12-17-2016, 08:43 AM
All good comments above here, a wonderful encounter and sighting alone Bryan, but would also like to see this at BPN's allowed max of 1200 across.:w3

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
12-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Hi Bryan , great sighting and i agree with the comments above regarding IQ .
TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
12-29-2016, 07:05 AM
Good sighting, but sadly as mentioned it looks like focus was off, or it's just too big a crop?

Julie Rathbone
12-29-2016, 11:47 PM
Sometimes these things happen in a split second and there isn't time to fiddle with the camera, so you shoot with what you have and you got an action shot that most would not get in their lifetime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk