Dumay de Boulle
12-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Canon 5D MKIII
Sigma 150-600 Sport @ 481mm
ISO 1250
TV 1/160
AV f8
Exp -0.33

Young Male we see a lot along the Sabi River...Hopefully he will survive to be a king of the River and Pride one day.

Please no comments regarding SS and ISO...I know the song! The image is sharp and thats all that matters to me....If it wasn't I wouldn't use it!

Thanks for looking:S3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi Dumay lovely butt shot :t3
Well the shoulder look adds interest to the frame , but for me this is not recovering for the not ideal POV IMHO ! If it would have been possible to get a lower POV ... it might have looked a bit better , well maybe .
Very nice natural looking color rendering .... and very pleasing overall tonal range . I think you can loose some of the top to avoid the other side of the river bank .
TFS Andreas

Dumay de Boulle
12-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback Andreas...I wasn't a 100% certain about this one. I suppose its my love for the Sabi River that made it more appealing. Different to my normal stuff:S3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-09-2016, 03:38 PM
yep Dummy very different .... but no big deal ... always good to change and explore other ways to shoot your subjects :5

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Hi Dumay - Nicely processed and yes, a bit different than your usual posts. Andreas has nicely summed up my thoughts as well.

TFS,
Rachel

Basil Dardagan
12-10-2016, 12:29 AM
Awesome scene and image ! Nobody has mentioned how cool it is to have a male lion standing gazing over a beautiful river

Andreas Liedmann
12-10-2016, 04:58 AM
Oops Dumay .... just saw my typo ... very sorry for calling you Dummy !!!!!
Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Hi Dumay, can only echo the thoughts above.

TFS
Steve

Marc Mol
12-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Well the shoulder look adds interest to the frame , but for me this is not recovering for the not ideal POV IMHO ! If it would have been possible to get a lower POV ... it might have looked a bit better , well maybe .
Very nice natural looking color rendering .... and very pleasing overall tonal range . I think you can loose some of the top to avoid the other side of the river bank .

Totally agree with Andreas above here, look forward to more of your work Dumay.

TFS

haseeb badar
12-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Hi Dumay -- A very different shot when it comes to a lion image and you have done well with the exposure , gets difficult sometime against a shimmering backdrop, nice details and colours . Agree with the crop suggestion but a nice over the shoulder look which i quite liked .

TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Lovely shot Dumay, I like the pose, I would suggest 1.5cm off the top and 1cm off the base.

Morkel Erasmus
12-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Very nice one Dumay. I would shave some off the top to lose the "riverbank" on the top edge?