PDA

View Full Version : Theme Indian Rhino youngster

Andreas Liedmann
12-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Hi all ,
yet another head shot , this time from an Indian Rhino .
Took this frame from the back of a riding elephant .... a bit rocky/bumpy from time to time :bg3: , a little bit of hit and miss when it comes to framing and focusing the image as three components are coming together . All three constantly more or less moving ..... me , the elephant and the rhino :bugeyed:.
Mummy was nearby and very relaxed of our presence .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 70-200 IS L + 2X TC at 375 mm
HH

f 5,6 ; Iso 400 ; 1/1600 sec ..... badly underexposed :eek3::Whoa!:.... due to the hassle of fighting with all the elements on the back of an elephant .By mistake i think i have dialed in the wrong ISO .....without noticing it .Can happen

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp from all sides slightly

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Hi Andreas - We've all been there with that whoops moment of having the wrong settings without noticing it. You recovered the image well. I like all the different shades of grey in the hide and the textures. I wish we could see a bit more of the eye but not a deal breaker.

TFS,
Rachel

Basil Dardagan
12-08-2016, 10:55 PM
A beautiful exquisitely detailed image that 'teaches' me so much about a seriously cute animal that I have never seen ! That's what wildlife photography is all about imho

keith mitchell
12-09-2016, 04:22 AM
I like you self critique Andreas ,but personally I would be thrilled to have this in my collection.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
12-09-2016, 06:12 AM
Hi Andreas, I like all types of Rhino, however this one always has that prehistoric look & feel from a bygone era.

It works and you did well in recovering the capture.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
12-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Hi Andreas -- Works for me as it has good details and nice close up view . Very well done on recovering the image back to its glory , always nice to see a Rhino .

TFS !

Dumay de Boulle
12-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Amazing sighting and even more amazing fine detail...The IQ is incredible and lovely the separation between the subject and BG....Very Nice!

Andreas Liedmann
12-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks so much to all of you who commented ... much appreciated .
Just for you to see how bad i dialed in the wrong ISO .... the original capture . To be honest i was not sure to get a decent image out of that exposure mess :bg3:.

Cheers Andreas

Dumay de Boulle
12-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Wow...Thats unreal...Amazing what PP can do!

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2016, 09:55 AM
Andreas the image quality looks very good indeed, when I saw the later image I really was very surprised just how underexposed it was - excellent work.

Morkel Erasmus
12-14-2016, 05:34 PM
Impressive PP work here Andreas!
First time for me seeing a young one-horned rhino...enjoyed it :)