PDA

View Full Version : Wet KTP

Basil Dardagan
12-07-2016, 11:56 PM
I took this about a year ago after heavy rains in the Kgalagadi. I tried really hard to get that chest acceptable however I am not sure?
Canon 1d4
500F4
1/2000
F4

keith mitchell
12-08-2016, 03:20 AM
Basil I like what you have achieved here with the lovely reflection that is almost a perfect mirror image,I like yourself am not sure about the chest it does look a bit on the warm side but we will see what others think.Your Lion certainly pops from that Bg.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2016, 06:39 AM
Hi Basil, I think you did OK on the chest, albeit that I'm away and hard to tell, you may find you can do a bit more. Clean and simple and the reflection is a real bonus, likewise the hint of tongue. This works very well I feel and something away from the norm that we see from KTP. I think if you had gone to ISO800 you could have retained a good SS, but had some more DoF, even just f/5.6 as f/4 is very shallow and you are at an angle to the subject. Going darker in the FG I think helps the image, how far is personal taste, WDYT?

BTW Don't forget to add some thoughts to other postings, as we recommend 3-5.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
12-08-2016, 06:43 AM
Hi Basil - A well composed and thought out image. Love the reflection. I do think the chest is too bright and is starting to have a recovered look to it. Not sure what tools and pp steps you have tried but I took it into PS and applied a Graduated Filter and then reduced the yellows as well. The chest still has a bit of recovered look because I started from the op but you can probably do more with the RAW. I think the image is definitely worth it.

TFS,
Rachel

D. Robert Franz
12-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Love the spot light on the lioness and the reflection.. Well executed image here!

Andreas Liedmann
12-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Hi Basil a very cool scene you captured !!!
Specially when taken in the KTP !!!!
Does look so peaceful and tranquil .
Nice crop and the reflection is great .
Nice one , TFS Andreas

Basil Dardagan
12-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Thank you everybody. I am truly grateful. The first time I saw this image on my monitor I got that sinking feeling......that I had an image that I really really really liked however the chest was just too far gone

haseeb badar
12-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Hi Basil -- Lovely reflection , just a mirror like feel to it , nice suggestions above , which I also agree with . Do keep posting .

TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
12-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Hey Basil - a great moment for KTP, think I know exactly where this was.
Some good points and reposts brought up already.
Wish you would post more regularly, bud!

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Lovely shot Basil a tricky one for sure and you did well but I am equally sure you could make it even better given the tips.