PDA

View Full Version : Theme Marmot calling

Andreas Liedmann
12-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Hi folks
those headshot are coming .... :bg3: .... me too with this Marmot shot taken in Filzmoos ( Austria)
Very much a location with habituated Marmots , very relaxed atmosphere before the mass of people come to visit that place and start feeding the guys .
I had just one day of shooting .....with numerous people jumping across the area making pictures with click clack cams and smartphones .In worst scenario having the marmots between their spreaded legs ..... :t3.... begging for food .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 70-200 at 200 mm
HH

F 8 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp ; wish for a bit more DOF ; sadly FP was more on the cheek rather than on the eye .

Thanks for commenting and watching to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Hi Andreas - Nice simple portrait of this guy too. The open mouth adds to the image. I agree with your self-critique. Only other thing I might do if it were mine is blend the lighter area/blade in the bg straight up from the nose/eye.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
12-06-2016, 05:56 PM
That's a cool expression! The greens add a lot here to offset the subject, Andreas.
Nice detail throughout.

Jonathan Ashton
12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Lovely fine detail in the fur again Andreas:c3: I like the open mouth.
I would be tempted to blend the pale blobs left background - just there to make them a little less obvious

haseeb badar
12-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Hi Andreas -- Loved the expression with that open mouth, very nice details and sharpness even that tongue has come out so well , nice techs as well , like Jon i too might be tempted to remove those blobs in the BKG but not a deal breaker . TFS !

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Works for me Andreas, love the soil on the nose. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

D. Robert Franz
12-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Very nice portrait and the calling adds a bit of interest. Well done.

Andreas Liedmann
12-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Hello folks thanks so much for your comments , much appreciated .
I am not bothered at all by the blobs , sorry they stay :w3

Cheers Andreas