PDA

View Full Version : Theme Pronghorn

Jonathan Ashton
12-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS II & 1.4TC III ISO 500 1/800 sec f13
Another shot from Yellowstone.
DPP & CCPS, a made a few luminosity adjustments to lower the brighter areas and put a little light in the darkest areas. I added a little contrast to some of the mid tones.
I used TK sharpen about 60% then went on the sharpening mask and reduced the sharpening on the coarser fur on the neck.
I look forward to your critique!

Andreas Liedmann
12-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi Jon lovely super clean and simple portrait of this very attractive antelope .You have good light and not that strong shadows , which i quite like .
Overall color / tone and contrast are looking good to me , as an option i might lower the oranges a fraction , already in DPP .Before they might become amplified during further edits in PS .
Regarding the sharpening , i does look better to me .
I like and use a lot of stuff from Tony ..... i never use his web sharpening / downsizing .....not much control in the endgame . But for sure a question of personal taste .SS is borderline for me , see my comment to your raw of the squirrel .
Enjoyed viewing this ...:bg3:

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Hi Jon - A very simple but effective portrait. It all works for me. Nice warm light, excellent detail, tones and dof. Sharpening looks good to me. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

D. Robert Franz
12-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Nice simple portrait... Well done here!

Morkel Erasmus
12-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Classic portrait, nicely exposed and processed!

haseeb badar
12-08-2016, 05:04 AM
Hi Jon -- Excellent image , ticks all boxes for me . Superbly done .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2016, 06:08 AM
Hi Jon, clean simple portrait well executed. I might loose a little off the top perhaps, or just move the crop down?

TFS
Steve

Dumay de Boulle
12-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Cracking light, cracking detail, cracking BG......Cracking Portrait.