PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Giant Nightscape - colour version

Andrew McLachlan
12-01-2016, 12:14 PM

As promised here is the colour version of the previously posted B&W rendition of a nightscape over Marie Louise Lake in Ontario's Sleeping Giant Provincial Park (some of my more recent sunrises images were from this same location too). Based on the suggestions from the B&W post I did darken the sky for both the colour and B&W versions. WDYT? The orange glow would most likely be noise pollution from the city of Thunder Bay as sunset was several hours ago...the scene is moon lit.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 18mm
ISO 2500
f3.5 @ 25 seconds

Looking forward to comments and suggestions.

John Whaley
12-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Beautiful. It is hard to believe that is moon lit. The sky looks like it is in motion.

Adhika Lie
12-02-2016, 11:50 AM
I very much like this color version, Andrew! Actually I prefer this than the B&W. I think how the LP shows up in the picture is a very fortunate thing because it is placed oh so well with the clouds.

Don Lacy
12-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Very strong image Andrew I love the color from the light pollution and the sense of time passing from the cloud s moving. its amazing how much light you can capture with modern cameras shooting at higher ISO with wide aperture lenses.

dankearl
12-04-2016, 01:14 PM
The color version is better for me. Nice cloud movement.

Jonathan Ashton
12-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Andrew I hesitate to offer critique on this beautiful image but I am wondering about a tad more saturation in the orange sky and I am wondering if you could lift the darkest areas amongst the trees.
I am thinking maybe this is why you initially prepared a B&W version becasue there was such contrast (???)

Andrew McLachlan
12-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much folks for the comments and suggestions!