PDA

View Full Version : A Rose Is A Rose... or something like that

Joseph Przybyla
11-29-2016, 08:03 PM
I was a Lake Mirror in Lakeland, Florida this morning photographing birds. On the way out I have to walk by a rose garden. I saw this rose and gave it a couple clicks. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 280mm (420mm FFE)
1/500 F/8 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 2200 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC
Cropped for composition and presentation

Steve Maxson
12-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Nice sharpness on your subject and good detail in the reds (which tend to blow out very easily). I also like the diagonal of the comp. I'm guessing that you wanted to include the entire leaf on the left side of the stem, but I'm thinking that the comp might be stronger if you cropped from the left to exclude most of that leaf. I would suggest that you check around the edges of the frame and clone or tone down the few bright areas that are right along those edges - especially along the right and left sides. Also, there appears to be a cloning artifact in the LRC. A few minor tweaks will make this image shine!

Jonathan Ashton
12-01-2016, 06:24 PM
The rose is absolutely beautifully rendered well done, cloning noted (I am sometimes equally guilty of this!) My suggestion would be to loosen the crop to include the almost horizontal leaf on the bottom.

stuart wanuck
12-04-2016, 08:40 AM
very nice jowe does not look like a bird

Julie Rathbone
12-06-2016, 03:14 AM
I can almost smell it, lovely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allen Sparks
12-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Good suggestions above - lovely red tones on the flower. A beauty of a rose.
Allen