PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly #2

Satish Ranadive
11-29-2016, 04:00 AM
Basic editing. Cropped for composition.
Noise has been incorporated.
Thanks everybody for your visits to my post .

ISO: 800, 1/1250 @10.0, Spot metering. Manual.
Canon 7D, 100-400 mm.

Thanks for viewing, critiques and comments,
Kind Regards,
Satish.

Steve Maxson
12-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Hi Satish. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that noise has been incorporated, but noise (both luminance and chrominance), particularly in the background, is the first thing that jumps out at me when I view this image. You could try selectively removing this background noise - it may take more than one pass of NR to do it. The bright sun - which is giving you hard shadows - isn't helping either. In these situations, you could try using a diffusion screen - which is placed between the sun and your subject - to significantly soften the light and give you a more pleasing overall image. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
12-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Hi Satish - my first reaction was noise, I wonder if that spot metering is doing you any favours? We all have our own ways of looking at the subject of metering but I wonder if the spot metering resulted in an underexposed image to start with?

Satish Ranadive
12-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Thank you so much Steve and Jonathan for your feed back. I have added noise in the frame. Here is original post with removal of dark spot at antenna.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
12-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Better Satish but unfortunately the head and abdomen appear a little indistinct, I suspect not quite in focus and maybe a tad oversharpened?