PDA

View Full Version : Bison scape near Fountain Paint Pots

Jonathan Ashton
11-28-2016, 09:24 AM
Canon 5D Mk II 24-105mm @ 105mm ISO 400 + 0.67 1/160 sec f9
Changeable weather indeed! Somehow I dreamed of this sort of vista when visiting Yellowstone and here it was - wow what a holiday what a location. The fall had it all for me the scenery the wild life the sunshine the rain and the snow - never a dull moment.
And if that wasn't enough I found out you brew beer over there too, I thought it would be all Coors and Buds and Millers but not so - you have real beer and I liked it!

Adhika Lie
11-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Very beautiful scene, Jon. And the sky works out really well here. I am wondering if a slight CW rotation will help.

Andrew McLachlan
12-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Very nice Jonathan...perhaps a very slight addition of contrast to the foreground (let's see what the others think) and do agree with Adhika on the CW rotation...I love the rising plumes of mist set against the storm clouds...hope you did not get caught in a downpour!

John Whaley
12-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Beautiful and interesting from the foreground to the mountains.

Don Lacy
12-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Hi Jonathan, A wonderful Bison scape here love the mist in the BG. If this were mine I would clone or crop out the Bison that is cut in half on the right side and i agree with Andrew on just a touch more contrast.

dankearl
12-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Nice scene, I would take a bunch off the top for a pano version and also clone out the cut off bison.

Morkel Erasmus
12-29-2016, 07:27 AM
Jonathan - my kind of animalscape! Love the mood here. I think you could have posted in Wildlife as well :cheers:
I think the bison look a bit muddied and over-processed. I also like Dan's suggestion but might just crop out instead of clone out based on personal ethics in processing.
I'd love for you to pop me the RAW file on Dropbox so I can play around and give you my take on processing this one?

PS: Sorry for being late to it!

Julie Rathbone
12-29-2016, 11:40 PM
Love the content and mood of this image, nice colour, great shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morkel Erasmus
01-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Thanks Jonathan.
Here's my very quick take on it. Went for a cooler colour temperature than you did.
Topped off with a very slight helping of Nik Color Efex Tonal Contrast.

WDYT?
:t3

Jonathan Ashton
01-03-2017, 07:13 AM
Thanks Morkel, on reflection my version is perhaps a little lively as it were but I tried to make it look dramatic. Your version seems a little flat to me, I suspect mine looks more lively because I started with DPP and then I went a bit OTT in Photoshop. I see what you mean when you referred to the bison in my image but having said that I feel somewhere between mine and yours would be a good compromise, mine a little too lifted yours not enough.
thanks for taking the time to produce another version - much appreciated and you are welcome any time.