PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Nuthatch.

Daniel Cadieux
11-27-2016, 05:38 PM
This little guy adopted my feeder setup just once, but in a good enough way to be really pleased with it. Unlike the chickadees, this nuthatch usually came from a close-by tree trunk directly onto my offering of seeds, with perching on my branch. Crazy changing light too due to many fast moving clouds and alternating open areas between them. Moments before and after the shutter speed was down to 1/400s., hence the higher ISO despite the SS!!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2000s., f/8, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, minor eye work (darkened the pupil), eliminated one bit of leaf peeking in along the bottom edge, and another at right edge.

Colin Driscoll
11-28-2016, 03:22 AM
Lovely shot Daniel, excellent pose.

keith mitchell
11-28-2016, 03:36 AM
This is a beautifully composed shot Daniel ,bird ,berries and bg all work very well for me.

Keith.

Graham Wilkes
11-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Like the position of bird in frame and the leaves and berries either side balancing the image.
The background is perfect, good head turn and the light is just right.
A fabulous little bird, thanks for showing.

Graham.

Isaac Grant
11-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Really nice as always Dan. Feel like you and I are often out shooting the same birds. Helps we are both on the east coast I guess. This is as good as it gets for me. Perfect perch, composition, background and details. I'd be stoked to have a shot like this. There are a few of these hanging out in a pine stand near me. Saw them the other day and got off a few shots but none I was really happy with. Will go back again at first light to have a go at them one day soon.

Bill Dix
11-29-2016, 06:11 PM
How nice of him to perch in just the right spot, even if only once. And with a lovely head turn. Well done to get him nicely exposed in changing light. A fine shot in all respects.

Glenn Conlan
11-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Wow, Daniel this is awesome. The colors, sharpness and positioning is great

Jonathan Ashton
12-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Lovely shot Dan your nuthatches appear to be a little more colourful than ours. Nice to see one perched on a twig as opposed to scrambling up/down a big log.