PDA

View Full Version : Theme Golden Leap

Morkel Erasmus
11-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Something that fits the theme...from a morning in Mana Pools this year chasing the light with my clients. In this kind of light, any subject will do.
We were actually working a herd of waterbuck when a herd of impala came dashing from the left and through the scene. I was happy to nail this fleeting shot with the D800 at 4fps :t3

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 300mm f2.8 VR-II
f5.6 | 1/800 SS | ISO-320
(working with the static waterbuck, my settings weren't ideal for this kind of action, but the impala is quite sharp)

Rachel Hollander
11-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi Morkel - Gorgeous light and well timed to get the leap. If it were mine I would either darken or evict the bright spot on the bottom left and the one on the right above the tree roots.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
11-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Morkel you don't need to put your name on it it's written all over it,sometimes I get a bit hangup about placement of the subject and if it is coming into the frame our leaving it ,but when I see something like this it's natural history at it's best to my eyes,just the way I would love to see it.

Keith.

Marc Mol
11-26-2016, 02:58 AM
Another lovely Morkelscape here buddy, where it's all about the interplay of movement and golden light, being really picky I'd prefer not to have that cental tree there, but it is what it is.

Agree, whilst 1/800s isn't ideal for the impala flight, it's worked well in this case.

TFS

haseeb badar
11-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Lovely light Morkel , and i liked the terminology by Marc " Morkelscape " ! Agree with your self critique regarding the techs but you have managed to freeze the action well. Works for me .

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
11-27-2016, 07:23 AM
Hi Morkel love the Mana setting here !!!!!
Nice timing and i am really ok with butt shot , as it is more about the whole magnificent scene rather than the pure jumping Impala .
You got away quite well with the slow SS , when viewed at this size .Gorgeous lighting and stunning colors .
I just might crop out half of the darker FG .
A typical Mork .....:bg3:

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
12-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks for all the comments, folks...