PDA

View Full Version : 3X3 Stitch....

Arthur Morris
06-14-2008, 07:01 AM
This image was created on Rathlin Island, Scotland at the Bird Observatory. It was stitched together from six images created with the handlheld 24-105 IS L lens. I went very wide as I knew that I would lose a lot and I did.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome. Gotta run.

Roman Kurywczak
06-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Artie,
Hope the trip is going well. The stitch looks like it came together well...just wish you had water seperation between some of the rock formations. Not sure if you were able to accomplish that given the fact it looks like you were standing on some cliffs. Maybe a slight tone down of the sky and a longer shutter speed (10 to 30 seconds) to emphasize the water movement may have helped.

Vincent Grafhorst
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Looks like you did a good job on the stitching Artie. Surely an interesting scene and viewpoint, but as it is in this light not interesting enough for a wallhanger though IMO.

Robert Amoruso
06-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I would have to agree with comments by Roman and Vincent on this one. The flat light hinders the scene. Stitching looks good and I am guessing this was hand-held. Don't forget the techs Artie.

Your also right that you have to go wide to be sure you don't lose part of the scene to the stitch at the edges.

Arthur Morris
06-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Looks like you did a good job on the stitching Artie. Surely an interesting scene and viewpoint, but as it is in this light not interesting enough for a wallhanger though IMO.

I agree. It was pouring out!