PDA

View Full Version : Female Leopard

Dumay de Boulle
11-21-2016, 11:10 AM
A new Leopard that I have not posted before. I have moved back to the Kruger National Park and loving it.

5D MKIII
Sigma 150-600 Sport
AV f8
TV 1/400
ISO 1250
Exp +0,33
Evaluative Metering

Processed in PS CC 2015.5

Steve Kaluski
11-21-2016, 12:03 PM
An awesome portrait, well framed of a majestic cat Dumay.

F/8 looks spot on, glad to see the markings on the barrel haven't been rubbed off, leaving you only f/4, nice one :w3. Great sharpness and good use of the ISO, although I might have gone to a 'real' ISO i.e. 1600 on the 5D, adding a hint more SS. The 'killer' BKG creates a wonderful backdrop and isolates the subject perfectly. If you have the time I might just blend parts of the BKG so some of the lighter, or darker ares are blended - creating a more uniform background, just a thought.

Looks like you have got over any teething issues in PP.

Nice to have you back.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi Dumay! This is a lovely portrait of the leopard. I like the sharpness, detail and clean BG. TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
11-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Beautiful creamy bokeh here, and nice soft light and colours look spot on Dumay.
Good to see you posting again - enjoy your new placement!

Mike Poole
11-21-2016, 04:23 PM
lovely simple but very effective portrait, the BG really makes him stand out. The only real improvement I would suggest would be to tame down the white highlight towards the top right.

Mike

Rachel Hollander
11-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi Dumay - A beautiful leopard and a beautiful image. Love the gaze off into the distance. Nice dof and detail. It works quite well against that creamy bokeh. So are you at one of the Lion Sands concessions in Kruger now?

TFS,
Rachel

Dumay de Boulle
11-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments....

Yes Rachel I am in the Kruger now, Lion Sands concession in the Kruger Park

keith mitchell
11-22-2016, 03:47 AM
Dumay this looks beautiful ,can't find anything I would wish to change.

Keith.

haseeb badar
11-22-2016, 03:58 AM
Cracking Portrait Dumay , the BKG,DOF , sharpness and details all are working in favour of this image. Of late you have been treating us with fantastic Leopard images and this image is so far the best of the lot and I am sure you will share more images of this beautiful creature . Always enjoy watching your images , so keep them coming and TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
11-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Hi Dumay a very fine portrait of this beauty , so simple and clean . Well done .
Like the gaze of her into the virtual distance , you left enough space for her to do so .
Good colors and a very pleasing tonal range , the BG is a bummer .
Fine image , well presented :cheers:
TFS Andreas

Marc Mol
11-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Ticks all the boxes here Dumay, the BG blotches draw the eye a little but not to any real detriment, excellent detail overall.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
11-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Beautiful image I may just be tempted to blend the pale area behind the ear slightly other than that absolutely spot on for me.

Gabriela Plesea
11-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Hello Dumay,
Superb portrait of this beautiful leopard and I love the framing! Great colours and clarity - very well processed:cheers:

So glad you are back, we've missed you here on BPN. I too have been scarce lately but slowly coming back, some delays due to time constraints.

I really hope to see more images from you, lots of opportunities where you are now and I am sure you will make the best of each and one of them.

Warmest regards,