PDA

View Full Version : Face 2 Face

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-20-2016, 12:16 PM
A pair of Giraffes at Selous TZ. Thanks for your comments on my earlier posts.
7D II
500mm
1/320
f/6.3
ISO 800

Morkel Erasmus
11-20-2016, 04:35 PM
A pleasing triangle formed by these two. Nice soft light and colours too, Doc.
Good juxtaposition of male and female. Would make a nice monochrome too!

Rachel Hollander
11-20-2016, 05:06 PM
Hi Sanjeev - the brightness looks better here than the last few posts so hopefully you've got that sorted. Was it the exposure or the monitor? I like the placement in frame with each coming out of the lower corner. Nice dof to have both sharp. This works.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
11-21-2016, 04:04 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I think you did well in getting the heads not in the white, but having the foliage as the backdrop. To me the image still looks dark, and the eyes heavy in shadow. Techs I will skip as everyone knows my thoughts, but it appears I'm the only person who covers this???? A bit more vibrance and colour would lift the image IMHO.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
11-21-2016, 05:47 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Still dark for me , but i like them facing each other . These are difficult subjects to focus if found against tricky backdrops .

@ Steve -- We all know your thoughts regarding the techs and in practice it has definitely profited me and hence i suggest others on BPN if you or others have not taken up the matter. And it is pretty clear here as well that ss needs to be increased as i have found myself ruining Giraffe shots as they dont remain steady .

TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
11-21-2016, 07:45 AM
I like the composition and the oxpecker too. This seems a little dark and a tad flat to me and I would look to brightening the eyes a little too.

Dumay de Boulle
11-21-2016, 11:27 AM
I think it looks good brightness wise, it doesn't bug me too much. I would maybe give it a bit more vibrance and then remove some off the bottom and then the top as well.

Andreas Liedmann
11-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Hi Sanjeev , well timed frame .
I like the symmetrical approach in the image , agree with those who feel that the image is tad dark , specially the eyes are a bit too dark .
You have a fine separation from the BG and you got lucky having the heads in front of the foliage instead of the very light sky .
TFS Andreas