PDA

View Full Version : Ruaha lioness sunset.

Marc Mol
11-18-2016, 08:46 AM
A lioness pauses to glance my direction on her way back from quenching her thirst on the dwindling Mwagusi River to reunite with her 2 sisters and 4 young cubs that had earlier brought down a buffalo.

Ruaha Nat Park- TZ.

D500 80-400 AF-S 1/500s f/5.6 ISO640@ 102mm. F/F, bean bag- front pax seat, curves, levels, sky selection via Color range filter, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC'15.

Cheers
Marc

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-18-2016, 12:22 PM
A wonderful sunset in fabulous Ruaha setting! I loved the sunrise & sunsets there!! Nicely exposed and great colours. Only wish the lioness was a bit more closer to us in the foreground, with better separation from the BG trees (so as to not intersect with the head) But still a nice image Marc! TFS.

Joseph Przybyla
11-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Beautiful scene, Marc. Thank you for sharing.

Stuart Philpott
11-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Amazing scene Marc,beautifully executed,I want her either more forwards of maybe much more to the right,do you have frame before this ,it's difficult reading where exactly she came from for me Marc ,but if she came infront of those long grasses she would show better with the same comp. There is a lead in run that something uses did she come in that way it's a breathtaking sunset caught Marc it's just I feel there might be more prescence to her even if she wasn't looking into camera in a different position

very cool mate

take care

Stu

keith mitchell
11-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Marc I'm not sure that you need the Lion,the whole scene is beautiful with that lovely sunset sky and the tree to the left that I have seen many time but can't for the life of me remember what they call it.Perhaps as already mentioned with the Lion more in the foreground ,but hey! if only life was perfect.This is a real pleasure to view.

Keith.

Marc Mol
11-18-2016, 05:16 PM
Many thanks Sanjeev, Joseph, Stu & Keith.

There is a lead in run that something uses did she come in that way it's a breathtaking sunset caught Marc it's just I feel there might be more prescence to her even if she wasn't looking into camera in a different position

The lioness was walking from right to left, uphill back to the cubs and the kill, I do have her with a side on profile plus other positions Stu.

Marc I'm not sure that you need the Lion,the whole scene is beautiful with that lovely sunset sky and the tree to the left that I have seen many time but can't for the life of me remember what they call it.

Keith.

The magnificent tree that dominates the Ruaha landscape and BG here Keith is the Baobab. It's age can be roughly measured @ 100 years for every metre of trunk diametre.

Mike Poole
11-19-2016, 02:35 AM
Beautiful scene Marc, the lion could be just about anywhere and it would work well. Love the colours in this, you made the most of the opportunity.

Mike

haseeb badar
11-19-2016, 04:24 AM
Hi Marc -- A beautiful scene indeed , and I agree with what Sanjeev has to say regarding a bit more separation from the BG , but as well all know things for most of the times are not in our control in the wild, hence opportunity well taken .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
11-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Hi Marc - Beautiful sunset scene. For me, in addition to the sky color and setting sun, the star is that fantastic barren tree on the left. I wish there was a little more room on the left so it's not clipped. The mountains on the right also add to the overall scene for me. Yes, for me the ideal image would have the full tree but also the lion more to the right in the frame. Still this is one that I would love to have seen and taken.

TFS,
Rachel

Gregor Bergquist
11-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Very beautiful, brings back memories from Ruaha

Gabriela Plesea
11-20-2016, 02:15 PM
This is truly a beautiful sunset, Marc.

I can only echo Rachel's comments and say the Baobab is the star here, let us not forget the sky and those amazing colours, the Moon and of course the alert Lioness.

The composition works for me and I love the space - wish I was there...
Thank you so much for sharing, I enjoyed viewing, very much:cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
11-20-2016, 05:37 PM
A beautiful scene with the baobab and the sunset!
I'd chop off some space from the bottom, as the sky is the star here?
Agree on the clipped baobab - do you have any where lioness is more on the RHS?

Marc Mol
11-21-2016, 02:14 AM
Many thanks Mike, Haseeb, Rachel, Gregor, Gabriela & Morkel

do you have any where lioness is more on the RHS?

Yes, I do and more to follow later. :w3

Dumay de Boulle
11-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Gorgeous image, Africa at its brilliant best...