PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret Portrait.

Daniel Cadieux
11-12-2016, 02:24 PM
I never thought I would see the day where I would take full-frame head portraits of a Great Egret in my hometown, as this species is normally way too wary to approach, but here it is! There was at least one VERY cooperative individual roaming a popular nature area during the early fall months, much to the delight of many people. On this occasion I was feeding ducks and it came flying in to join the action, almost as if it wanted some too. I took a few images with the TC still on in fear it would flee at the slightest movement on my part. The images were way too tight, but when this fella showed no sign of wanting to leave I removed the TC and began working on some good portraits. The BG here is water stirred by the ducks swimming close by.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, evaluative metering, manual exposure, 1/200s., f/7.1, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF.

William Dickson
11-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Love the piercing stare from that eye. Lovely feather detail and a nice 'dreamy' effect BG.

Will

Eric Dienesch
11-14-2016, 02:03 AM
under this conditions (iso 1600 with the 7D2) a great picture and really loverly details.
good work.

Jim Crosswell
11-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Great BG and IQ Daniel! I like the composition as well, a real beauty.