PDA

View Full Version : Sandhill Crane

Stuart Edwards
11-07-2016, 09:58 PM
This shot was taken Right behind a Toyota dealer in Holiday Florida last January
taken with a 5DIII 400 f5.6 @ f7.1. 1/2000 and iso 1600.
slight crop to remove a tree from bottom right

arash_hazeghi
11-08-2016, 12:07 AM
I like the high-key effect, but I wish you had a better wing position, with both wings either fully up or down. there is some visible noise in the image

TFS

Randy Stout
11-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Stuart:

High key works very well with the Sandhills coloration. I am ok with the wing position, as it shows both the dorsal and ventral surfaces, well. I do agree with Arash, that full up or full down is more dramatic, but a lot of the big birds don't seem to give big flaps except at landing or take off. I shoot a lot of trumpeter swans, and those are the only times to get the dramatic wing positions.

Cheers

Randy

Stuart Edwards
11-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys ! I agree there is visible noise but I was very happy to get this shot because I was setting up to shoot some glossy ibis. I saw movement from the corner of my eye and this guy caught me by surprise. I spun around and shot a few frames and didnt even think to check the settings. I leave for Florida tomorrow morning and hope to see a few of these guys and maybe get better results. Thanks taking the time to look and for the comments !