PDA

View Full Version : Black Bellied Plover

Chris Elliott
10-30-2016, 08:31 PM
As time changes next week (we will move our clocks back 1 hour) I am afraid my early morning shoots will become less frequent. Between drive time and ferry time, it's a little over 2 hours from my house to the area with the largest concentration of shore birds.

D5
500mm w/1.4 TC
ISO 1600
f 5.6
1/2500

As always, thank you for your comments and critiques. Thanks for looking.

Chris

Colin Driscoll
10-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Lovely pose and light Chris but I don't think this one is as sharp as your other shots, head is good but body not so. Maybe some selective sharpening would do the trick. You must start early to get to the site by first light.

Isaac Grant
10-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Bird looks sharp to me. I like the post and I like the raised foot for sure. Light is beautiful as is the smooth background. Image could use some clockwise rotation. Also you were off the sun angle a bit so have some harsh shadows on the breast and the undertail coverts look a little hot. Also I would prefer the head to be a little more parallel to the back of the camera.

Daniel Cadieux
10-31-2016, 03:44 PM
Great light, excellent low angle, and the raised foot adds a lot of interest. Yes to rotation, and a bit less of a head angle towards us in this case. In our case, sunrise at this time of year is 7:45 or so, rather than 5:15...sleep in time!!:c3:

William Dickson
10-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Fantastic lighting, great pose on the bird. Love the colours throughout.

Will

Chris Elliott
10-31-2016, 07:51 PM
Thank you to everyone for the comments. I now see the rotation required and will fix for further showings.

Chris