AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1-5.6E ED VR
ISO 400
f5.6
1/500s
500mm
Matrix Metering
LR for white balance and usual.
PS for noise reduction

This image was taken at Fort DeSoto Park in Florida. Cropped less than 10% for presentation.

All comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

JT

Isaac Grant
10-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Nice close up of the bird. Details look good to me and the whites are controlled well. If mine I would lift the shadows a bit as the shot looks a little on the dark side. Also maybe a bit too much contrast was applied which could be the cause of the under exposure? Just guessing. These birds are very hard to get right cause they have such dark crowns and such white faces. Also, I would give some counter clockwise rotation and level the bright water line. Nice pic.

Bill Nuttall
10-29-2016, 03:56 AM
+ 1 to Isaacs comments - level up the image, (the bird seems to be falling backwards a little) - the bg is a little dark - in this shot balance the bg more with the bird - shadow and maybe "darks" adjustment to start with

Juan Tolentino
10-29-2016, 10:24 AM
Thank you for the suggestions guys. I leveled the image and reduced the blacks. Do you think I need to add some canvas on the left side?

Stu Bowie
10-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Hi Juan, lovely alert pose with the open beak. Your repost has really sorted out the plumage detail - looks far better. I like the OOF BG, especially the upper part. Comp wise, I would add space all round in equal proportions. You can post 1200 wide.

Juan Tolentino
10-29-2016, 09:55 PM
Thank you For your comment and suggestion Stu. I can do it adding canvas and filling. These are the edges of the image after the rotation.