PDA

View Full Version : Valley of Fire

Michael Pancier
06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
went browsing through some of VOF shots.

I took this one with the Panasonic. Thanks to Viveza and Nik Color Effects Pro, I was able to work on the image a bit and make it into something useful I hope.

f/6.3
1/200
ISO 100
Lumix with polarizer

Harold Davis
06-15-2008, 05:47 PM
love the sky and how the mountains on the left flow through the frame, but i think the road really overpowers this one. i could be wrong though!

Roman Kurywczak
06-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Michael,
I agree with Harold,
The road does seem to overpower the whole image mainly because it leads to the mtns..........that aren't that dramatic while the reddish buttes on the left aren't strong enough to balance the road. Thi sone just doesn't seem to work for me either.

Paul Marcellini
06-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Just clone in a crazy unicorn at the end of the road and it will lead to something interesting. =) I agree with the other comments. Maybe a higher perspective would have shrank the road a bit. Processing looks really good though.

Robert Amoruso
06-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Great travelogue image and the road is placed nicely for that but as a scenic, it is too large in the frame.

This would be an appropriate image for the new Travel Forum - I am going to leave here though since that forum just debated.