PDA

View Full Version : Sparrow....Needs Caption

Dave Phillips
06-14-2008, 09:04 PM
this is one breaking all the "good" rules, but it's an image that I like.
It was a fair morning about 9 and was forced to expose for the bird.
I think without the eye contact. it forces one to look and think about the
emptiness, the nothing to look forward to the bird is looking into.....crazy huh?

400mm, ISO400, f/7.1, 1/160, +.33EV, spot metered

Need a caption please

Steve Canuel
06-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey Dave,
I'm not creative enough to come up with a caption for you, and without a few beers, I can't begin to explore the meaning of the emptiness of the BG. I do like the picture though. The color transitions and details are enough to keep me interested:)
Steve

Dan Brown
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Well, this appears to be a female House Sparrow, maybe in the parking lot of the local fast food joint. So, how about

"WAITING FOR THE NEXT FRENCH FRY TO HIT THE GROUND"

Dan Brown

Rosl Roessner
06-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Oh, I like it too!
I love those unusual images. This is really good, because the details and colours in the feathers are fantastic. You have to look at them, because like you said, there is no eye contact possible.
You made a really good Exposure!
Congrats!

Juan Aragonés
06-15-2008, 01:14 AM
I like this one. the emount of details is stunning and you did an excellent job on the exposure. A very different but interesting image!

Steve Maxson
06-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Looks like a study of feather patterns and textures to me. :) It's different. I tend to like "different" images and I like this one. Exposure, sharpness, and detail are excellent. The high-key background forces you to focus your attention on the feather patterns.

Steve Wheeler
06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I really like this Dave.... Different... out of the box... making you wonder what she's looking for...

"Where is he?"

Steve

Bonnie Block
06-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I like this too, Dave. The puffed up feathers and the excellent detail are a plus.
Hmmm...what's in a face anyway? :>))

Ed Erkes
06-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm usually not one to harp on head angle, but personally, this doesn't work for me. I like the sharpness and texture in the feathers, but not the bird looking the other way.

Dave Phillips
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
thanks for all the comments, this was taken in a McDonald's parking lot.

Ed, I admit it "is" quite different