View Full Version : Great Tit

William Dickson
10-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Canon 1DX
f/4 500mm
f/5.6
1/640
ISO 3200

The loch is quiet at this time of the year, with not many water birds going about, including the Kingfisher. I think it will pick up when the winter visitors arrive. Because of this, I went along to my hide yesterday and put out some feeders on the nearby trees, to hopefully attract some woodland birds. I captured this Great Tit this morning, the weather was pretty poor and overcast, hence the high ISO. I had plenty visitors though, mainly Great Tits, Blue Tits and Coal Tits. A Grey Squirrel and a Sparrowhawk also showed up, although the Hawk didn't hang about. Hopefully it will return. The Goldeneye should hopefully arrive some time soon.

Will

Isaac Grant
10-20-2016, 04:35 PM
Lovely frame William. I like everything about it. The pose, details, background and especially the perch. So nice of him to pose on that perch. Also really like the overall color scheme. Image quality is very nice for ISO 3200. Really makes me consider getting one of the newer 1D or 5d cameras. Only thing I could recommend would be to maybe level the perch. Meaning to go into the crop mode in PS and select straighten. Draw a line from the bottom edge of the perch on the left and right side and level the perch. Not a big deal of course but may be nice.

Rachel Hollander
10-20-2016, 06:47 PM
Hi Will - Excellent detail and exposure. Like the somewhat inquisitive look upwards and the creamy bokeh complementary to the perch.

TFS,
Rachel

Satish Ranadive
10-21-2016, 04:46 AM
Excellent image. Beautiful colors and details. Nice BG and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Jim Crosswell
10-24-2016, 11:13 AM
I like the perch, pose, details, clean BG and composition. Well done Will.

Bill Nuttall
10-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Beautiful little bird Will and a well taken shot

I would just double check for blues and magentas sneaking into the blacks

Kalin Botev
10-24-2016, 02:20 PM
A great great tit William :)
I also think there is a bit too much magenta but it might be from my display.
The details of the bird are superb. How close did it come to you?
K

William Dickson
10-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks all, for the comments, much appreciated. Hi Kalin I am getting real close to the woodland birds, from my hide, sometimes too close :S3:. I don't need to use my 1.4 extender.

Will