PDA

View Full Version : Arthropod???

Satish Ranadive
10-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Basic editing. Cropped for composition. I have removed some leaves from the bottom and LHS.
Looks like he has different types legs. last one pair looks like as it they are broken.

ISO: 404, 1/500 @11.0, Pattern metering.
Canon 550D, 100-400 mm.

Thanks for viewing, critiques and comments,
Kind Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
10-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Well composed I lek the colours and the pose. The DOF is good also. I don't know what it is maybe some type of cicada??

Jerry van Dijk
10-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Close, it's in the same order of Hemiptera. It is a bug (in the taxonomic sense, not the general) in the suborder of 'true bugs' or hetroptera. It's an interesting one you captured here, I like all the dtails you were able to catch. Compositionwise I think you could have done better either more off centering the subject or with a vertical frame.

Satish Ranadive
10-23-2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you Jonathan and Jerry, for your feed back and comments.

Regards,
Satish.

Brian Desjardins
10-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Hi Satish, Nice shot not easy with that lens, nice pose and colors, I think its time you picked up a macro lens!! Really good job, thanks for sharing

Brian

Steve Maxson
10-26-2016, 02:44 PM
Jerry has it right - a "true bug." I agree about the legs - it looks like some might be missing the last segment for some reason. Otherwise, this is very well done with good overall sharpness, good light, and a pleasing background. The comp, as presented, works for me. :S3: