PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-rumped Warbler

Isaac Grant
10-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Each fall we get days along the barrier beaches in New York where there are thousands of Yellow-rumped Warblers literally everywhere. Last Saturday was one of those days. I got to a spot I like before sunrise and was hoping for some late warblers, sparrows or kinglets but all there were were tons and tons of Yellow-rumps. This area is the last scrubby dune just before you get to the sand of the beach. It has some sparse trees and also lots of Goldenrod and small scrub as well and the birds are rarely over your head. From Fort Tilden in Queens, New York. Photo taken shortly after sunrise.

Canon 7dii + Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. Tripod mounted. ISO 500, F8, SS 1/1000

Converted in DPP 4. Auto ISO. In PS I cropped, applied noise reduction to background and sharpened. Eye work plus adjusted contrast, highlights/shadows and saturation. Also lowered the contrast of the background.

keith mitchell
10-19-2016, 02:50 AM
I do like this Isaac this pretty looking Warbler looks really nice with nice soft feather detail and good pose,bird fits well into that bg with hints of yellow.Must be great to get all these migrating Warblers ,I once visited Central park in New York and was amazed to see all the different Warblers right in the middle of the city.

Keith.

Colin Driscoll
10-19-2016, 05:00 AM
Lovely shot all around. I do like the complimentary back ground.

Bill Dix
10-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Lovely shot of this ubiquitous little Myrtle. Good pose, sharpness; and I like the oof goldenrod in the bg picking up the yellow highlights of the bird.

Bill Nuttall
10-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Lovely shot

great to see birds, (even if only on the screen) that I have not seen before

William Dickson
10-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Nice looking frame Isaac. Nice feather detail and colours on the bird. I like the HA and facial expression. BG fits well.

Will

Satish Ranadive
10-20-2016, 04:26 AM
Excellent image. Beautiful colors, and superb details and nice composition.
If mine I will go for vertical composition.

Regards,
Satish.

David Salem
10-20-2016, 07:56 AM
That early morning light really Shines on the Bird well and gives it nice color and detail.
The perch and the background look great too. Well done