PDA

View Full Version : Bright Meteor!

Michael Thompson
10-16-2016, 04:05 PM
My Luckiest Shot! I was up north in a nice dark spot in North east Minnesota. i found some old burned trees from a wild fire many years ago, and decided to do some silhouettes with the starry sky, and there was some aurora light on the horizon too. i took various shots at different angles, and was happy with them, but decided to try a few more. I was right in the middle of a 25 second exposure, when this very bright meteor dropped in! It was bright blue green,and so close I could hear it! It was so bright i thought it would just blow out the whole frame, but luckily it was moving too fast to do that. it looks like it was going through the trees, the light just spilled out over the branches in the brightest parts. If it was a painting, that is right were I would have put it! I used light room to brighten the sky a little, and the stars, clarity, and some vibrance, cropped a little off the bottom and right side. I did nothing to change the meteor, it looks the same as on my raw file. Canon 6D, Rokinon 14mm, f2.8 25 seconds 6400 iso october 2, 2016 1:40 am, nearest Town, Isabella Minnesota.

Morkel Erasmus
10-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Michael, everything just works here! An epic shot :5 :cheers:

Don Railton
10-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Might be lucky Michael, but you were there taking photos so it's yours.. Well done, its quite amazing.

DON

Andrew McLachlan
10-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Love everything about it...my favorite image of yours that you posted thus far :)

Luis Patacao
10-26-2016, 08:03 AM
This one is excellent Michael.. love it!

Arthur Morris
01-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Incredibly spectacular. Mazel tov. I love all the angles going on and you could not have placed the meteor any better if you had painted it in.

a

Michael Thompson
01-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Incredibly spectacular. Mazel tov. I love all the angles going on and you could not have placed the meteor any better if you had painted it in.

a

Thanks, it was incredibly lucky to capture it at all, much less in such a nice spot in the frame! Who is Mazel tov?