PDA

View Full Version : Theme Coot.

Satish Ranadive
10-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Image was created today morning.
Basic editing. Cropped for composition. I have removed the other OOF bird from the URC.
Eye lighten. NR applied to BG.
Thanks everybody for your visits to my post .

ISO: 1600, 1/2500 @6.3, Pattern metering.
Canon 7D,II, 100-400 mm.

Thanks for viewing, critiques and comments,
Kind Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
10-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Hi Satish, great low shooting angle, and well timed to get the raised near wing. The feather detail from the underwing shows up really well, and what a great eye too. The small feather on the tip of the beak adds interest.

Mike Poole
10-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi Satish, I really like the wings up pose you've got here, and keeping detail on the head whites is always tricky with coots.

You mentioned on my Coot shot about the blacks, so maybe something like this might be of help - I'm not saying it's right, but just an idea.

If you have photoshop or elements, this was what I did.

First I did a curves adjustment layer, and once the curves box opened I clicked on the little hand icon towards the top left of the curves box, and moved the cursor over to a part of the body that I wanted to alter. I then dragged the cursor down until the blacks looked deeper. I then masked off the areas I wanted to affect only.

I then did a second adjustment layer, this time a 'selective colour' layer. I chose 'black' from the drop down choices and added 10 points of black before again masking the layer so only my targeted areas were adjusted.

There are lots of different ways of doing similar things - probably some better than my way - but it might be of help in the future.

Mike

Rachel Hollander
10-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Hi Satish - nice low pov and good detail in the underwing. Not sure about the blacks because although Mike's are certainly deeper, it has lost some of the nice early light hitting the chest feel.

TFS,
Rachel

Satish Ranadive
10-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Stuart Sir, Mike and Rachel, It was a great fun photographing him. Once he did flapping but with beak behind the other side, then he did it again exactly in front of camera,
I cold not get his eyes, finally the third time he did flapping with little angle.:S3: However getting blacks on neck and clear eye is very hard job.
Mike, thanks so much for your time on my image, it looks great.
Thanks and with Best Regards,
Satish.