PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day Black-bellied Plover.

Daniel Cadieux
10-16-2016, 06:24 AM
This very accommodating BBP was fun to photograph in the rain. It made for quite a wet session, as at one point it really poured out there while I was already belly crawling in the shallow waters. Here I was glad when it wandered around some short vegetation for added interest.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, eye work as it was just one "hazy" dark gray circle at first....

Brian Desjardins
10-16-2016, 09:45 AM
Hi Dan, great shot well worth getting wet, nice detail, like the pose, the rain just adds to the atmosphere of the shot, Great Job! I still think your half bird :P

Rachel Hollander
10-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Hi Daniel - there's an ethereal quality to this image. I really like the soft tones, falling rain and bits of grass shooting up. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Bill Dix
10-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Or maybe half frog. What a lovely shot in the rain. Great POV (of course), rain helps and so do the grasses (although if I were to nitpick I'd wish one stem didn't obscure the raised foot). Beautiful soft quality.

Stu Bowie
10-16-2016, 01:57 PM
Hi Dan, your usual low angle of capture, and you managed a good angled pose from the BBP and with a raised foot. Lovely soft light from the overcast rainy weather, and I like the row of grasses across the frame.

Mike Poole
10-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Beautiful mixture of softness as well as the subject being pin sharp. Great low angle as ever and the rain adds a nice touch to the shot.

Mike