PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Sooty Oystercatcher

Colin Driscoll
10-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Taken recently on Lady Elliot Island at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef.
1DXII 70-200 II 2xIII 400mm 1/1000 f6.3 iso200 -0.7 Pattern metering

Rachel Hollander
10-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi Colin - Your image does not have an embedded color profile so depending on the viewer used there may be a shift in color. When I bring it into PS I still see a slight blue cast to the blacks. An easy fix if you are so inclined. Nice low pov and I like the habitat. I do wish that the bird was more parallel to the sensor or slightly toward it.

TFS,
Rachel

Daniel Cadieux
10-16-2016, 01:49 PM
Certainly fits the theme! Well exposed and sharp. The biggest issue is the harsh light coming from high above, which created some dark shadows under the bird and here and there in the BG.

Colin Driscoll
10-16-2016, 10:53 PM
Thanks for commenting. Rachel, I debated that blue cast with myself and because I couldn't see where it could come from in the surrounds I put it down to a feather refraction artifact and left it. It wasn't so obvious in the RAW image but showed when I lightened it a little. Daniel, I took nearly 30 shots of this fellow so will post another in a couple of days that might show it in better light.