PDA

View Full Version : Orange Motion

Bill Whitney
06-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Spent several hours at the Munich Botanical Garden today. A little breeze was a bit frustrating. But came away with a few images that I think work. This one has just a bit of motion to it and for me has just enough motion blur and interesting enough lighting, considering it was an overcast mid-day shot. The one thing I would try to do differently if I had seen it while shooting would be move a bit to the left so I would be shooting to the center over a petal that was a bit lower.

Nikon D80
Sigma 150
Tripod
Remote release

ISO 125
f/3.3
1/60sec

Julie Kenward
06-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow. The orange color is stunning against that dark green BG. I think you're right about maybe moving around to catch a lower leaf in the front but it really doesn't bother me the way you have presented it here. For midday light, you hit paydirt!

Nonda Surratt
06-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I love the sharp center peeking though, do see what you mean by a little to the left,but agree with Julie 100%

Sharna Lee
06-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I like this shot A LOT! what a beautiful capture. The color and composition is superb. Stunning.

Sharna

Robert O'Toole
06-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi Bill

The image has a great color and a nice soft look with the limited DOF, good job with the DOF placement. When shooting profiles of flowers I am always very careful about OOF petals, they always seem to curl up in the wrong places. I like the image as is but it would be stronger with that front petal flattened down a little. Sometimes you have to move or just reach out the move the petal.

There is a Munich VT or is that just the name of the B. Garden?

Robert

Gus Cobos
06-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Congrats...:D I like it the way it is, nice soft colors and details...:cool:

Bill Whitney
06-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Robert...didn't know there was a Munich VT...learned something today. I am in Munich Germany, for work. 4th trip to Germany this year. I agree that I would have liked to move a bit more to the left to get more of the center of the flower and get the petal coming straight out of the flower off to the right and be a bit less center of attention. Thanks for the feedback all.

Robert O'Toole
06-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Robert...didn't know there was a Munich VT...learned something today. I am in Munich Germany, for work. 4th trip to Germany this year. I agree that I would have liked to move a bit more to the left to get more of the center of the flower and get the petal coming straight out of the flower off to the right and be a bit less center of attention. Thanks for the feedback all.

How funny is that, at first I thought it was europe but.....

Have you been able to travel much there, Munich is in the south right? I have been there in summer and it was gorgeous!

If you drink, have a beer for me okay!

Robert

Mike Moats
06-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Hey Bill, the orange really pops, good framing and I like the DOF.