PDA

View Full Version : Maine Sunrise

Bob Malbon
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
From Curtis Cove in Biddeford Maine on Monday - The sun in this frame has risen up behind the cloud line helping light the under story - saw this happen the day before while walking the dog (no camera) and figured it would not happen again! For a change luck was with me!! F8 at 1/250 - iso320 - ME, AF - 30D w/ 17/40 at 24mm - slight crop and some curves to balance light. - Bob

http://maine-wild.smugmug.com/photos/241174442-L.jpg

Robert Amoruso
01-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I like the line the snow cover beach makes through the scene. I would have preferred to see that line continued on the right and not cropped out.

The horizon is in the center of the image. I would suggest cropping out the dark clouds on the top to include just the golden ones. Nice deep gold reflection on the water.

Jason Hahn
01-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Very nice color in a very tranquil scene.. I think being able to continue the arc of the snow on the beach on the left would have made for a little stronger composition. It is easy to suggest different ways to shoot the scene from the warmth of my office in Florida :), but perhaps taking a step or to right and forward would have placed that arc in the scene, moving the shore line so it emerges closer to the bottom corner, and giving you the added bonus of being able to place the horizon line a little futher from center as Robert suggested. I particularly like the shine on the water, and how the snow lightens the beach which would have otherwise been pretty featureless in this light. Nice job creating this image.

Jason