PDA

View Full Version : Zion Shooting Star

Brian Desjardins
10-14-2016, 07:15 AM
Hi everyone, I thought I would post this unique looking flower, did a quick search and didn't see any posted. This was taken at the Denver gardens. I know the top got cut off might have been able to repair/clone in the missing part but to be honest my cloning skills are not at that level, I did try tho but ended up not looking right. There was lot's of people around me so I got in took a few shots and got out asap. It is not cropped just the way it got photographed wish I had more time I would have taken a better shot. I still think it's worth posting just to give people a chance to see something different, I like the colors and textures of this unique looking flower. As you can see at the top of the shot was photobombed by a little insect and ended up being sharp, I didn't even notice it when shooting only when I uploaded to the pc, a added bonus that makes the shot even more unique imo. Comments and tips are always welcome, Thanks for looking.

Brian

Nikon D7000,
Tamron 90mm @ f /8, 1/250
Iso 100,
With flash and softbox/deffuser @ f/8, 1/16th power,
Handheld.

Jonathan Ashton
10-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Brian, I see the appeal in the shot and it is well exposed. In you intro you seem to imply you have slight reservations over an otherwise very interesting image. I agree the flower is well rendered as is the fly. It is all to easy to be smart after the event I agree, but perhaps if the image had been taken portrait and from a slightly higher angle we may gave been in a better position.

Brian Desjardins
10-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Hi Jonathan, thanks for your comments, yes I was worried about the top missing but other then that I thought it was worth the share. I will try that the next time I get a chance to shoot something like this, a bit more time would have gotten better results.
Thanks again.

Brian

Steve Maxson
10-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Hi Brian. Beautiful colors and nice use of the diffused flash. I like the insect as much as the flower and the background is nicely OOF. For my tastes, the subject is too tight (top and bottom) in the frame - backing off a few inches would have made the difference. :S3: I would also suggest cropping about half of the empty space on the right side of the frame as I don't think that is really adding anything to the image.

Brian Desjardins
10-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Hi Steven, Thanks for the comments and tips, here's a re-post cropped the empty space from the right and added a bit more space on the bottom, used content aware to fill the missing space on the bottom, for now I have not had enough practice with repairing missing elements to be able to fix the top part but i'm working on it. Hope this is a bit better :)