PDA

View Full Version : Juvi GHO

arash_hazeghi
10-13-2016, 10:10 PM
This Juvi GHO frame is from a few months back in a local park around this area. He was curious and MUCH more skittish than the adult perched by the trail which seem to completely ignore people (and dogs), unfortunately the adult wasn't on a pretty perch like the Juvi

1DX MK II 400DO II + 2X III. ISO 5000. f/8 at 1/320 sec. Hand held. Processed with DPP 4.4

Tim Foltz
10-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Arash, great looking juvi GHO and what a stare. Nice BG and perch, I might consider to clone out the small branches on the left and right of him.

-Tim

Colin Driscoll
10-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Lovely shot. I find the same thing with young of our Powerful Owl in Australia, quite nervy because they haven't yet worked out that they are the apex predator. Adults are imperious.

Bill Dix
10-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Wonderful, curious stare, very alert bird. Love the perch and background, and your usual fine detail. I don't mind the twig on the left, but the one on the right doesn't contribute much, for me. (But if you don't want to do any cloning, it doesn't hurt much either.) I could imagine a crop from the right, to just beyond the dark brown blob in the URC, to take the bird off center.

keith mitchell
10-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Arash the stare makes it feel as though its going to jump out of my screen,great pose and the Owl sits well on that almost stormy looking Bg.Just a little thought And I could be well off the mark but I do wonder about maybe taking a bit off the right.

Keith.

David Cowling
10-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Lovely detail on the bird. Great stare, it's almost as if he is challenging your right to photograph him. I also find the two upright twigs distracting and agree on taking a little from the right.

William Dickson
10-14-2016, 11:56 AM
What a great stare, and I like how the bird is leaning towards us. Nice BG and the greenery adds to the image. The little branches don't bother me.

TFS

Will

David Salem
10-16-2016, 12:39 AM
Man, that direct stare is awesome!! I really like this frame and the BG and leaves overhead make this one special. The branches don't bother me either. I would love to have a horned owl frame this good in my portfolio. Well done

Doug Brown
10-16-2016, 12:27 PM
What a great stare! I also love the way the owl is leaning forward; almost looks like it's going to take off and fly right at you!

Janet Heintz
10-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Arash, this is awesome! What a pose and great eye contact. I really like the blurred out background
and framing of the bird with the branches.
Nice!