PDA

View Full Version : Theme Black Oystercatcher

Geoff Newhouse
10-13-2016, 06:46 PM
This guy was shot from a kayak near Nanaimo BC. Nikon D500, Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 at 500mm, f/5.6, 1/4000, ISO 640

Isaac Grant
10-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Hi Geoff. Nice to see you posting. I like closeups like these and always click on shorebirds. I like the crop and the background. Bill color looks great and is not at all over saturated. I do wish that you did not have such strong light cause you have strong shadows under the chin, in front of the eye and on the nape that have very little fine feather detail. Also the bird is not parallel to the back of the camera. You have a good head angle but I think there is too much of the shoulder and wings of the bird that is out of focus and find it distracting. Probably would have been better to up the the f stops a bit to try and get a larger depth of field.

arash_hazeghi
10-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Nice colors, I also like the slight head turn but the harsh shadows especially in the pupil spoils this one for me. I also think the shoulder / wing is distracting because it's OOF, you could stop down or zoom back to get it sharper

TFS