Hadada Ibis (Bostrychia hagedash)

S Africa - Western Cape - Knysna

a big noisy bird

D7200 + 300mm PF + 1,4TC - ISO 720 - f6.3 - +1/3EV - 1/800th

processed in LR

I got quite near this one

keith mitchell
10-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Lovely feather detail and sharpness Bill,and also very good colour and exposure.

Keith.

Isaac Grant
10-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Details look great and I like that the bird is clearly walking towards you. Always makes me smile. Although I like a nice closeup, I think this is a little too close and if you have it, I would loosen the crop a bit. Could add canvas as well and see if that works. I would at the least add above and below a bit to give those virtual legs as the feet are lost in the grass. Exposure on the bird looks good to me but I find the background a little bit bright and would lower the exposure a tiny bit.

Bill Nuttall
10-14-2016, 01:51 AM
Details look great and I like that the bird is clearly walking towards you. Always makes me smile. Although I like a nice closeup, I think this is a little too close and if you have it, I would loosen the crop a bit. Could add canvas as well and see if that works. I would at the least add above and below a bit to give those virtual legs as the feet are lost in the grass. Exposure on the bird looks good to me but I find the background a little bit bright and would lower the exposure a tiny bit.

Thanks Isaac, your comments are just what I need ...... it is a full image, i.e. not cropped ...... normally my problem is not getting near enough ..... but on this occasion the bird almost walked up to me as i sat on the ground

Best wishes

Colin Driscoll
10-14-2016, 03:20 AM
To be contrary, I like this one just as it is.

keith mitchell
10-14-2016, 03:46 AM
Bill the qaulity up close is really good.