PDA

View Full Version : Theme Watchwe???

Marc Mol
10-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Believed to be the only one of it's kind in the world, this lone Watchwe is the result of a mating between a Red Letchwe and a Waterbuck.

The day after capturing this it nearly became extinct with a lucky escape from a pack of Wild Dog early morning.:Whoa!:

Nikon D4s Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL 1/1250s f/4 ISO160. F/F bean bag from front pax seat, curves, levels, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC.

Selinda- Botswana

Cheers
Marc

Andreas Liedmann
10-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Hi Marc well mother nature does not care if there is a special single animal .... it will be eaten sooner or later :S3: ... his place in the life circle , being born to feed the carnivores.
You caught him well in the classy antelope pose , nicely placed in the frame and you have a wonderful creamy bokeh .
The light and colors do look good , but i would try to lower the saturation a fraction , but through a saturation mask .
Nice one Marc
TFS Andreas

Bill Nuttall
10-12-2016, 02:45 PM
impressive animal Marc ... does it have the "toilet seat" of the Waterbuck?

400 f2.8E FL looks a good performer

Morkel Erasmus
10-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Now that is an interesting cross! Not surprising though since they are of the same genus.
Nice pleasing colours and solid comp.

haseeb badar
10-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Hi Marc -- That is something new to me ! Lovely scene with nice colours and a pleasing comp, nice clean BKG as well .
TFS !

Rachel Hollander
10-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Hi Marc - I took care of the change to the title for you. Really interesting subject and you caught him in a majestic pose. I really like the various layers of color in the bg too.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
10-13-2016, 04:01 AM
Appreciate the comments everyone, many thanks.

impressive animal Marc ... does it have the "toilet seat" of the Waterbuck?

400 f2.8E FL looks a good performer

No trademark toilet seat on this guy Bill. :bg3:

Really enjoying the new 400 Bill, on my new D500 there's nothing like a 600 f/2.8. :5

Hi Marc - I took care of the change to the title for you.

Thanks Rachel :w3

Gabriela Plesea
10-16-2016, 02:57 AM
Hello Marc,

Wonderful capture of this Watchwe (or is it a Letchbuck?)

Beautiful light, those lovely greens and yellows of the BG bring harmony and contribute to the mood of the scene.

Well processed Marc, I really like this. Enjoyed viewing, very much.

Kind regards,

Marc Mol
10-16-2016, 04:11 AM
Thanks Gabriela

Wonderful capture of this Watchwe (or is it a Letchbuck?)

That would certainly work as well and you can take your pick I suppose, :5 the guides in the area have called it a Watchwe :w3