PDA

View Full Version : spiny bush in partially backlit

Valerio Tarone
10-11-2016, 02:07 PM
I think in this case the partially backlit isn't completely unpleasant. Shot in a botanic garden. Nikon D600 Tamron 60mm f3,5 1/200 EV-1 iso200
in PP some local work to reduce the highlights.
Critics...

Steve Maxson
10-12-2016, 12:17 PM
The backlighting makes for an interesting effect, Valerio and I like the subdued colors, but IMO there is too much going on in this image - my eye keeps wandering around because there is no single main point of interest to hold it. It will be interesting to see what others think. :S3:

Valerio Tarone
10-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Yes,Steve,thank you. I too think where there are too subjects it become confused. I had no other choice in a private garden.

Brian Desjardins
10-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Hi Valerio, I kinda like this I know how hard it is shooting in a botanical garden when you can't use a tripod, there's a lot going in the image, tho I do like the artistic take on it, the only thing for me is its not sharp, I don't know if that was intended but I would have liked the forefront plants nice and sharp seems to have a bit of movement in it. Apart for that still very interesting shot. Thank you for sharing.

Brian

Valerio Tarone
10-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Thank you Brian. I'm used to have a tripod, not always I use it, For example not with a70-200mm VR. Here..I don't remember, some uncertain view can be due my astigmatic eye.
But..after i treated it Lightroom in sharpness in way indicated by M.Evening.

Jonathan Ashton
10-14-2016, 08:48 AM
Valerio you shouldn't go wrong if you follow Martin Evening - I have a couple of his books! I quite like the image though I have to agree it is rather busy. I rather like the flare but would seek to subdue it a little more.

Valerio Tarone
10-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Thank you Jonathan, i have the book by M.Evening in english and I find some obstacle i understanding well in some parts. I agree that the image is a little busy and the light from uL should be better subdue.

Valerio Tarone
10-15-2016, 04:24 PM
new adjustment in Lightroom, only on lights-shadows and exposure. No filter.