PDA

View Full Version : Theme CHEETAL STAG !

haseeb badar
10-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Hello everyone 1

Thank you for all your C&C's on my previous post .

Another image for this months theme , a very common subject in the indian subcontinent especially in the Indian jungles is the Cheetal or the spotted Deer . This handsome male was grazing in the meadows when i took this image . This is taken in 2013 when I was not that technically apt as compared to this day and off course still learning but thought that it fits nicely for this months theme hence dug it out of the archive .

DPP4,PS6, Levels , selective colour , curves , cropped from the top , no space at bottom ,sharpening .

Canon 1D MK IV , Canon 300mm f4 IS , HH .

SS : 1/500 , f/5.6 , iso 400

Andreas Liedmann
10-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Hi Haseeb
a lovely " older " shot from you .
Yes the Chital is spread wide across your country as far as i remember :bg3:
Lovely stag in a pleasing setting , paying attention to the viewer .Well timed shot .I like the grasses in FG and the nice separation of the soft BG .
Wonder what preset you used in DPP ? But looks good to me in terms of contrast , maybe a bit too warm , but you were there .
I think the comp is too loose , you can go tighter i think .
Just for illustration if IQ allows ...

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
10-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Lovely head position and a clean portrait here. He's got a nice rack!
I would be tempted to crop so that the distance between the outer horns and LHS and RHS edges are equidistant, for symmetry - which Andreas has done in his RP

haseeb badar
10-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Thank you Andreas and Morkel !

Nice crop suggestion , looks more appealing now .

Rachel Hollander
10-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Hi Haseeb - Nice eye contact and pleasing tones. I also like the bg. Andreas's crop suggestion works for me too.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
10-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Thank you Rachel !

Gabriela Plesea
10-16-2016, 05:27 AM
Lovely capture Haseeb.

Sorry to come in so late, had a look at this the other night and thought I did comment. I must have started and did not finish, not sure.

Beautiful specimen and majestic pose, I like the tighter frame as per Andreas's RP. Subject stands out nicely among the vegetation/grasses.

Well captured and great timing indeed, a bit more SS would have been beneficial here IMO.

Thank you so much for sharing:S3:

Kind regards,