PDA

View Full Version : The Three Musketeers - Avocets

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Hi All,

I continue to shoot Avocets in Antelope Island State Park, Utah. This image was made last Sunday at Antelope island.

I was able to get all the three Avocets in a single frame and like the way two of them closed their eyes and third one looking at me.

Nikon D500, 500mm f/4 with 1.4x Teleconvertor
Matrix Metering, -1/3 stop under
ISO 400, f/9, 1/2000 sec

Post Processing:-
Exposure changes in Lightroom
Cleaning background, cropping, Added canvas to the right in Photoshop
Noise reduction in Neat Image

Let me know you comments on the same.

gail bisson
10-12-2016, 05:36 AM
Always nice to get 3 birds sharp in the frame.
Well exposed and sharp. I like the water reflection lines on the bodies.
I would crop the top brown shoreline out of the image and add even more canvas on the right.Make it a true pano.I can see where the canvas was extended and would smooth the seam line a bit more, especially in RLC.
Gail

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Always nice to get 3 birds sharp in the frame.
Well exposed and sharp. I like the water reflection lines on the bodies.
I would crop the top brown shoreline out of the image and add even more canvas on the right.Make it a true pano.I can see where the canvas was extended and would smooth the seam line a bit more, especially in RLC.
Gail

Thank you for the suggestion. I am having difficultly adding canvas and make it look more seamless. Do we have any resource which show them ?

gail bisson
10-12-2016, 07:07 AM
When I add canvas, I then enlarged my image to 200% and work my way down the seam looking for telltale areas or a line. If I see an area that looks like a repeating pattern or line I will zoom out, find a similar area within the image and clone it or patch it in. Make sure your brush is soft.
I also use the smudge tool. Hope this helps,
Gail

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2016, 07:13 AM
When I add canvas, I then enlarged my image to 200% and work my way down the seam looking for telltale areas or a line. If I see an area that looks like a repeating pattern or line I will zoom out, find a similar area within the image and clone it or patch it in. Make sure your brush is soft.
I also use the smudge tool. Hope this helps,
Gail

Thank you for the details Gail. I will try that out.

Graham Wilkes
10-12-2016, 11:07 AM
I like the image, but agree with Gail, cropping away the brown area and adding to the right would be make it so much better.

Graham

keith mitchell
10-12-2016, 11:28 AM
I do like the three in a row pose and just the one awake bird even if only just,very nice work.

Keith.

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Hi Graham,

Sure I will Try it out.

Thanks
Krishna

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2016, 06:27 PM
I do like the three in a row pose and just the one awake bird even if only just,very nice work.

Keith.
Thank you

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Hi All,

Below is the modified picture images.

Changes done cropping and adding canvas.

Thanks to gail for giving me the required tips to do the same.