PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bishop

Tim Foltz
10-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Canon 1DX • 700 mm • f/8 • 1/1000 • 500 ISO • hand held • manual

Orange Bishop or Northern Red Bishop
They can be called either, are a species that were introduced and are doing quite well here in Southern California.
They are a type of finch/weaver bird from sub-Sahara Africa.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Isaac Grant
10-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Bird looks very good. I like the details and the pose. Blacks look good as well with lots of details. Wish the tail was not in shadows. I'm not a big fan of the background. Find it too busy and detracts from such a fine looking bird.

Daniel Cadieux
10-08-2016, 06:15 PM
I don't often like such busy BGs, but I kinda like it here. Perhaps photographing wide open would have helped render it just smooth enough, especially the brown grass behind the subject. Awesome bird, great colours, and good pose. They have a bit of a Bobolink vibe to them.

Tim Foltz
10-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Bird looks very good. I like the details and the pose. Blacks look good as well with lots of details. Wish the tail was not in shadows. I'm not a big fan of the background. Find it too busy and detracts from such a fine looking bird.

Thanks Isaac, I posted this shot to show you the birds environment and also the puffed collar, in the next few days I will post a shot that I shot on a clean perch.

-Tim