PDA

View Full Version : Theme Going Wild....

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-08-2016, 10:58 AM
This Elephant got all excited and charged up with us approaching slowly at Ruaha NP, TZ. Of course he backed off after a short display of attitude. Shot wider to include the lovely Ruaha habitat.
7D II
100-400 II @ 200mm
1/2500
f/8
ISO 800

haseeb badar
10-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- I really liked the charged up pose of the Elephant , especially that raise tail .Nice techs here and nicely processed as well . I wish that view of the front leg was not obscured by the lump of grass and a slight head turn towards its lhs would have avoided that tusk being overlapped by the BKG bush but that is real nit picking on my part . I also see few dust spots in the sky abt Ele's head or are those flying birds ?

Nicely done though and TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Thanks Haseeb. Those were 3 birds in the backdrop. Appreciate your comments.

Rachel Hollander
10-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice action image with a sense of movement from the trunk. You've brought out nice textures in the hide. The fg bush and tusk against the bush do not bother me at all.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
10-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Hi Sanjeev - i would also say a nice action shot .It is all about the pose of the aggressor :bg3: ... a boy in its youth , making some noise :t3.
Technically well processed and i like the overall color and tone , with very nice fine details in the skin .
Well done , Sanjeev

TFS Andreas

Bill Nuttall
10-11-2016, 04:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev

lovely shot of this "young man"

How near to Elephants do you think that it is advisable to go when taking images as I have always fancied getting really close with a wide angle lens and looking up at the animal to emphasis the size.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Hi Bill. You can get pretty close, Morkel is an expert in wide angle photography of Elephants and he could throw some light on this.