PDA

View Full Version : Fleeting Moment #3

Andrew McLachlan
10-04-2016, 02:29 PM
The final version of the impressive morning display over the "Sleeping Giant" on Marie Louise Lake in in Ontario's Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. By the time this image was captured the intensity of light had noticeably dropped off and clouds had spread out further across the sky...I am curious to see what folks think of this frame in the sequence of frames presented.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 35mm
ISO 100
f16 @ 0.3 sec.
No Filters Used

Look forward to comments and suggestions.

David Stephens
10-06-2016, 09:13 AM
They're all very nice. I enjoy studying the three side-by-side. I like the light hitting the mountains here and strong reflection, but the colors in the first and the overall balance of the scene is best in that one, to my eye. I don't think moving in for a closer view was a positive. It put the clouds more in your face, where the first lets the whole scene that you saw (well most of it) speak to us.

I like 'em all, but the first one is the one I'd frame. Great stuff.

David Stephens
10-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Oh, if that's all the options you're going to present, it'd be wonderful to see them in one Pane. I think the site will allow that.

Morkel Erasmus
10-07-2016, 09:06 AM
A really nice closer to this sequence, Andrew. Intense light and colour here!
I like all of them but have a slight preference for #2.

Luis Patacao
10-11-2016, 03:51 AM
Hi Andrew, i like David`s ideia to put the tree side by side. For me, this one definitely nails it and its my favorite. The mix between the color and the light is great!

Don Railton
10-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Hi Andrew, I been away in NZ for a couple of weeks..

I too like all 3 but with a slight bias to this one as the best. #1 would be my next..

Andrew McLachlan
10-23-2016, 08:44 PM
Thanks so much folks, much appreciated the comments.