PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Gonzales ...

Andreas Liedmann
10-04-2016, 01:35 PM
.... the fastest BIG mouse of Austria :t3
Hi folks just want to share this speeding Marmot with you .
No planned shot , so some issues are coming with this frame in post and capture .
Just saw this guy running in the corner of my old eyes ... turned and fired couple of shots , just one frame locked on .Framing was far away from ideal .The Marmot was running down a slope , if you get the idea i have to level the frame . I think i could stay that way .
Wish i could extract more from that eye , tried it , but i did look unnatural to me , and as you can see sun was high in the sky .So i left the eye as shot .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 640 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4.5 and PS CC ; cropped to pano for comp ; 65 % of FF ; added canvas to the left border ;little gardening in FG and in the added areas ; no more room at the foot of the image .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my last posting .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
10-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Lovely Andreas, nicely capture.

Have you tried creating a bit more below? Light looks quite strong, creating the darks, not a lover of the whites in the BKG, but that's what it is. The diagonal I think adds to the momentum of the speeding Marmot. Seems you and I independently, had fun with these guys, cool characters for sure.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
10-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Hi Andreas - I would be curious to see it before you straightened it. Seems obvious it was on a slope so that it is now running straight seems to be defying gravity :S3:. You handled the harsh light and quick opportunity well. Colors and tones look good.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Hi Andreas, you really caught this fellow in mid-air! Nice running pose with tail up, just the front toes touching ground. Would be fun to see the original before levelling.

haseeb badar
10-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Hi Andreas -- Great job in reacting quickly and freezing the moment ! I like the eye as it is , looks very natural . Yes, i too find that whites in the Bg a bit distracting but job well done .

TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
10-05-2016, 01:56 PM
This is such great fun to look at, Andreas. Well seen and captured, it seems those "old eyes" are still young:) Nice techs too.

Well processed and lovely rich colours, all as expected, what I like most is this bundle of fur tumbling down the slope, so much energy and purpose! And I love those bits flying about:)

Enjoyed viewing my friend, give us some more:5

Warmest regards,

Andreas Liedmann
10-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Thanks folks for your kind comments , as always much appreciated .

Steve - yes it would be better to have a bit more below , but i am not able to create a good looking FG , i always struggle to make this looking good and natural . The left side was fairly easy to add some canvas , so i stick with this solution . Agree with you and Haseeb regarding the white/ light grey blobs in the BG , left them in as that are just rocks .

Rachel & Sanjeev ... you got me wrong or i typed it wrong , nothing is leveled or straightened , is as shot . The Marmot came from the right side and ran downhill to the left , as i shot from the tripod all is leveled .

Gabriela .... just some special thanks to you , makes me happy to see you finding the time to comment to my and others images :5

Cheers and thanks again Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
10-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Just love the pose here! Doesn't like look he's made for running either ;)
Nothing more to add, your self-critique was good Andreas.