PDA

View Full Version : Theme Sable Antelope

Rachel Hollander
10-04-2016, 06:48 AM
I thought I would post a theme image of another antelope that we don't seem to see posted that often, the Sable. Taken at Tswalu Game Reserve, South Africa.

Canon 7DII
100-400 II @ 400mm
1/800
f5.6
ISO 400
HH from safari vehicle, slight crop from left and below, levels, curves, sharpened in CCPS.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
10-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi Rachel ,
this is a beauty of an Antelope , such a nice looking species .
I just had only two chances to photograph them in Namibia , and i was not perfectly happy .
I love the colors / tones in this image , you have extracted wonderful detail in the fur , very fine at this size , so well done i think .
I like the crop in general but would have wished for more space on top instead of the bottom .The trotting pose gives a bit of dynamic to the frame , but i think they do look way more impressive and elegant when their heads are up .... but hey when they do this trotting the heads are mostly down :e3.
Regrading the colors i might drop the oranges a fraction and a tiny bit the reds .... just a thought .

TFS Andreas

Marc Mol
10-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Always good to see this, my favourite antelope here again Rachel, can only echo Andreas's comments for a little more room above and less below.

TFS

Steve Kaluski
10-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi Rachel, another agreement in the above comments & observations.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Hi Rachel. An impressive antilope for sure with awesome pair of horns. Nice details and sharpness.

haseeb badar
10-05-2016, 01:40 AM
Hi Rachel -- what a beautiful creature ! Loved the details that you managed to pull of the subject , agree with more space on the top . All in all a fine image indeed .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
10-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Thanks folks. Unfortunately no more room above. I would prefer a bit more too.

Morkel Erasmus
10-07-2016, 12:27 PM
A magnificent specimen here Rachel - I love these, probably my favourite antelope, and yet I don't have a decent photo of one.
I agree with the comments above re space on top, otherwise this looks good.