PDA

View Full Version : MORNING MAJESTY

steve torna
10-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Lifting clouds reveal recently snow dusted crowns of the Teton Range. North John Moulton Barn on Mormon Row in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, September 24, 2016. Canon 5D III, 100-400mm IS Mark II, RRS tripod, Lee 3 stop GND filter, cable release, ISO 100, 1/20 second @ f/20, image size 5656 x 3770 pixels.

I spent 7 days in the Tetons in September and during my visit, I tried several times for that red pre-sunrise light but each day as the sun emerged, the light either fizzled out or never developed. On my last day, I arrived before sunrise and waited in great anticipation because the unsettled whether had ended and the east horizon was clear which would allow the warm light to bathe the barn and mountains. Sure enough, a huge cloud bank settled over the mountains just as first light appeared; even though the barn was warmly lit, the mountains were hidden. Again, I failed at capturing the red moment but I waited and about a half an hour after sunrise, the clouds lifted allowing me a shot at a pretty good view of Grand Teton and the other peaks. I will go back until I capture red5 light on the scene.

Andrew McLachlan
10-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Hi Steve, a classic scene from the Tetons...do you have more along the bottom edge...I would prefer a little more ground to be visible...perhaps try lightening the clouds a bit as, as presented they look more like smoke than clouds

Jonathan Ashton
12-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Lovely shot Steve, I stood on that very spot about 1 week after you! I like the contrasting light and the low cloud, I would agree perhaps a little more foreground would help.