PDA

View Full Version : Badlands National park SD overlook.

Michael Thompson
09-27-2016, 09:56 PM
My first visit to a National park! (at least first time with a camera) :cheers: So many things to take a picture of, wow, I am addicted! I got some of this incredible over look the first evening. 7Dll 100-400ll at 100 mm, 6.3 1/320, 800 iso handheld

Luis Patacao
10-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Hi Michael, it looks like a beautiful park, but he scene does not work for me and i will explain why: the light is dull, good for the animals but not that good for the landscape as it removes the contrast from the beautiful shapes. Second, why did you left that tiny strike of sky at the BG?

IMHO perhaps if you were lower and closer to the animals, you could have made a shot with them on the FG and a softer BG with the shapes oh the hills.

Michael Thompson
10-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply! Yeah, i might have tried to get too much into the frame for this shot haha, a bit over excited i never have seen scenes like this being from MN and all, yeah I agree being down close to were the Bison were would have been awesome! They did come up and i got closer pics, maybe I will develop a few for the wildlife forum soon ~ MT