PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling juvenile on a mission

Bill Dix
09-27-2016, 08:16 AM
These guys are always in a hurry to get somewhere, running up and down the beach with great purpose (food). One more from Sandy Hook last month, in early morning light.

D7200, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 800, 1/2000s @ f/7.1 manual.

Satish Ranadive
09-27-2016, 10:13 AM
Magnificent image, Bill Sir.
Love the walking pose with sand dust. Beautiful colors, nice details, Bg and superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.

John Whaley
09-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Great shot Bill. Beautiful lighting, focus, detail and a clear eye.

Bob Smith
09-27-2016, 04:42 PM
You nailed the focus here Bill, tip to tip to claw and the exposure and colours are stirling. It's a wonderful sandy setting and I really like the way that sand morphs from perfectly focused crystals to just pure colour as we go back beyond the bird. The single suspended crystal of sand dropping from the beak adds a stylish touch. The only thing I'd do with this is experiment with the light area out in front of the bird---not saying I'd remove it, just that I'd look at that and give it some consideration.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/645f10cc/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Geoffrey Montagu
09-27-2016, 05:17 PM
These characters are speeders, and you captured this one beautifully, Bill. Love the grains of sand he's kicked up and the raised foot.
The detail is wonderful and nice shadow leading into a great BG. Well done.

Geoffrey

Isaac Grant
09-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Nice action pose of these swift runners. Details and exposure look good. Light is sweet. I like the flying sand as well. If mine I would clone out the light area to the left of the bird.