PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion Flycatcher

Tim Foltz
09-22-2016, 09:10 PM
Canon 1DMKIII • 700 mm • 1/1600 • f/5.6 • ISO 400 • hand held • manual • 6:43 am

The early morning light worked well with some large shade trees in the BG. I was with a group of my friends that went
one way in a search for raptors and I went another and found this colorful little flycatcher. He would dart off into the air to snatch a small gnat
and return to this perch for a moment then off again he went.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

John Whaley
09-23-2016, 06:53 AM
Great shot. He really pops against the dark BG. I have never seen one but it is a beautiful bird.

Lorant Voros
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM
Interesting studio look with the black BG and the flash as main light. Good idea to have something we aren't used to see. TFS.

Bill Dix
09-23-2016, 08:08 AM
A beautiful shot of this sweet bird. Really stands out against the bg. Looks flashed but I assume not since you didn't mention it. A bit more DOF would have put it over the top, for me.

David Salem
09-23-2016, 02:31 PM
I know flash wasn't used for this Frame but that beautiful strong early morning desert light sure makes this guy pop against that dark background. For a non set up shot, that's about as good as it gets.

Daniel Cadieux
09-23-2016, 03:47 PM
What a beautiful flaming feathered friend! Perfect comp, great colours on the bird, and the light on it too. It would be interesting to try a version with an even darker BG. Nicely done, and way to take advantage of the situation presented to you.

Tim Foltz
09-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Interesting studio look with the black BG and the flash as main light. Good idea to have something we aren't used to see. TFS.

Thanks Lorant, no flash just early morning light :S3:

-Tim

Isaac Grant
09-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Wow, what a terrific shot of a Vermiliion Flycatcher. Light is perfect with that beautiful dark background. Details are great. I love the perch as well.

Satish Ranadive
09-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Excellent image. very nice colors on bird looking beautiful on dark BG. Superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.